Converge has one of the longest-running, most influential and highly trusted church planting assessment systems in the country. We offer decades of experience and a contextually current process. Many other denominations and para-church organizations have modeled their process after ours.
The purpose of assessment is to reduce risk and increase church planting success. We use assessment to figure out each individual’s capacity to be the lead pastor on a planting team. Our proven assessment process benefits anyone considering church planting.
What is an Assessment Center?
It is an intensive four-day event staffed by trained assessors to encourage and observe church planting candidates. Candidates have the opportunity to preach, cast vision, work in team settings, and meet with counselors and assessors to prepare for life as a church planter. Assessors provide a personalized and thorough assessment of church planting candidates. Typical assessment center participants include:
How to sign up:
- Candidate/Candidate Couple: prospective church planting lead pastor and spouse (if married).
- Sending Agency: a candidate/candidate couple's sponsoring or sending agency; may be a church, network, region, denomination or church planting organization.
- Assessors: experienced church planters or church planting leaders; each sending agency usually sends an assessor to participate.
- Observers: individuals interested in observing the assessment process; they do not assess the candidate/candidate couples.
- Assessment Center Team: the team that organizes the assessment center and includes a director, a counselor and an administrator.
- Contact the Church Planting Assessment Center administrator by email.
- Express your interest by contacting your Converge district.
- Engage in a pre-assessment interview.
- Fill out an application.
- The Converge district will register you for an Assessment Center.