Biennial Meeting 2021
A few highlights that will make this time valuable:
- a message and time of Q&A with Bernard Emerson, the candidate for the District Executive Minister role (filling the place soon-to-be vacated by David Yetter), followed by a vote
- presentation and welcoming of several newly affiliating churches!
- business matters that reflect our passions and priorities, including the budget, election of teams and officers, and constitution/bylaw revisions
- *new this year* There are TWO WAYS TO ATTEND: in-person at Calvary Church in Turlock OR via live-streaming online
- all attendees (virtual and in-person) will have the ability to see all the presentations and delegates will vote on the regular business items as well as on Pastor Bernard Emerson as the District Executive Minister candidate
- new this year for churches: Once you know your delegates (people that will vote for the church), please fill out this online form to give us their names and email addresses. This is the only way we will know to send them the link for voting when the time comes.
- for those attending in-person, there will be an Appreciation Dinner Friday evening for pastors and spouses with a devotion presented by PacWest Ministry Mentor, Larry Adams. The dinner a way of saying “thank you!” to our pastoral couples!
- Saturday morning we will hear from Converge President Scott Ridout
- Registration is $15 and the dinner is $10 per person (through 4/15).
- If you're attending in-person, the Biennial Meeting registration is $15 per person through April 15th.
- If you're attending virtually, the Biennial Meeting registration is $15 and is good for one screen.
- After 4/15, Biennial Meeting registration increases to $25 per person/screen.
- Appreciation Dinner: $10 through April 15th; after 4/15 increases to $20 per person. The dinner is intended for primarily pastoral couples.
- Childcare: $5 per child through 4/15 (deadline)
If you opt to attend virtually and watch the live-stream, you'll receive an email with instructions a few days prior to the meeting.
If you will attend in-person, the church's address is 700 E. Monte Vista Ave., Turlock, CA 95382. If you're traveling from out of the area, you may want to try one of these hotels or search for others in the area.
1) Holiday Inn Express: 3001 Hotel Dr., Turlock, (209) 664-9999
Rate $119 plus tax; HIE members: $113.05 plus tax. Complimentary hot breakfast and an outdoor pool.
2) Comfort Suites: 191 N Tully, Turlock, (209) 667-7777
Rate $124 plus tax and fees. Includes King room or studio suites with a pull-out sofa as well as a microwave and fridge. Complimentary breakfast with fitness center and an outdoor pool.
3) Sunrise Inn: 1350 N Golden State Blvd., Turlock, (209) 216-5586
Rate $89; Note: they only have rooms with 1 bed. One story, exterior doors, somewhat closer to church, can walk to downtown
Please contact our office at (209) 830-6222 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.