About Bronxville Community Church
Bronxville Community Church in Bronxville, NY is currently seeking a Lead Pastor who will bring his unique strengths to guide BCC into its next season of ministry. This pastor will keep the church inwardly strong, but will lead them in being outwardly focused. The Lead Pastor of BCC will provide the directional leadership for the church and work with the Elders & Deacon Teams to develop and articulate the vision, mission, values, and ministry initiatives, which in turn will guide ministry decisions and priorities regarding staffing, programming, and budgeting.
BCC was founded in 2010. We are a diverse congregation of about 75 people. Our diversity is reflected in racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic makeup of the congregation. BCC is affiliated with Converge Northeast and we are aligned with their statement of faith.
The village of Bronxville is in lower Westchester County. It is located 15 miles north of midtown Manhattan which is easily assessable by train (30 minutes). Bronxville is one square mile in size, has a hometown feel, boasts one the nation’s best public school, a vibrant downtown, and easy access to major highways.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preaching and teaching God’s Word
- Providing leadership, vision, and overall direction for the church
- Supervising the volunteer church staff
- Providing Gospel Shepherding and Biblical Counseling
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Effective communicator of Scripture
- Passionate for gospel
- Authentically approachable
- A collaborative leader
- Adjustable and adaptable
- Seminary Degree from accredited institution
- Meet the Biblical Standards of Elder
- Five years of ministry experience
- A doctrine in line with Converge Statement of Faith
- Post COVID restart
- Rebuild Elder & Deacon Boards
- Reestablish Outreach Programs
- Restructure Leadership/Volunteers
As a first step, please submit your resume and any video samples of preaching and/or teaching to:
James McLain - firstname.lastname@example.org
In the course of our interview process, we will want to understand:
Why do you believe you are a good fit to pastor Bronxville Community Church?
Your experience and how it qualifies you for this position.
A summary of how you came to be a follower of Jesus, an outline of your theology, and how you align with the BCC statement of faith.