About Liberty Baptist Church
Liberty Baptist Church has a rich history reaching back 177 years. Since that time, they have been a flagship church within the Southern Baptist denomination, and the church is now poised for tremendous impact in Chelsea, Alabama. Located just outside of Birmingham, Chelsea has become one of the fastest-growing cities in the state and one of the best places in America to raise a family. The city has even adopted the slogan, "It's all about family." As a result, this area has filled up with busy, kid-driven, well-compensated family units, and housing developments have multiplied.
Looking at the next ten years, Liberty has an unparalleled opportunity to impact families by investing in parents for the gospel transformation of their children. In an effort to become the best church they can be for their community, the church has undergone a recent re-visioning process in partnership with Auxano. Through this, they have clarified their mission as a church to be "Gladly spending our lives to see the Gospel transform the next generation," mirroring 2 Corinthians 12:15.
The goal of the Student Pastor (Middle and High School) is to make disciples, who make disciples. We accomplish this by creating environments where students are challenged by the truth of scripture and by assisting parents to become the primary disciple-makers of their students.
Specific List of Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to student ministry.
- Disciple the students into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
- Grow the student ministry by creating attractive and compelling environments to which our students can invite their non-Christian friends.
- Develop leaders through our Leadership Pipeline and SERVE Team strategy.
- Provide leadership for recruiting, enlisting, and building a team of leaders focused on our mission and vision through the ministry.
- Teach the students the Gospel and what that requires from them.
- Challenge the students to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world.
- Support and assist the parents in the process of discipling their student.
- Build a ministry that engages with our local Middle and High school(s) in the area.
- Mentor students in developing their leadership skills.
- Manage the student ministry budget.
- Communicate with students and parents in a timely manner using all available resources. (email, website, bulletin, social media, texting, etc.)
- Cooperate with Senior Pastor, Executive Team, Staff Team, Admin Teams to promote and live out our mission, vision, and strategy.