Minister to Students
About Autumn Ridge ChurchOur passion is to know and love and find our deepest joy and satisfaction in Jesus.
- Through the leading and empowering of the Holy Spirit, the Minister to Students (MTS) will call
students to identify with Jesus as Savior, to become like Christ, and to reach others for Christ.
- We are looking for an authentic and passionate disciple of Jesus Christ whose walk with Jesus
should attract others to follow Him. The MTS will be humble, leaning on the Lord for guidance and
giving glory to Him in all successes.
- The MTS will communicate effectively both in front of large groups and in one-on-one interactions
with students, parents, and staff. This individual will teach the truth of God’s Word to high school
students on Sunday evenings, challenging them to live a life that is pleasing to God.
- The MTS will compellingly lead student ministries forward by equipping and engaging his staff,
volunteers and parents to minister to students in an effective way. This individual will identify,
develop, and coach a full team of student ministry staff (five paid staff and numerous volunteers,
including nearly 50 small group leaders) to execute the work of ministry among students.
- The efforts of the MTS will encourage and assist students to make new disciples of Jesus Christ.
Through this ministry, students will reach out to the unchurched wherever they live, work, and play.
You and members of your team will have at your disposal the full resources of the ARC toolkit, including:
- Mosaic: These large group training venues include fellowship, whole group instruction, and small group discussion. Approximately 150 participate and enjoy fraternization in the Lighthouse, a student specific hang-out.
- High School Life Groups: On Wednesday evenings, high school students are divided into small groups based on grade and gender. These groups meet in the homes of leaders for a time of Bible study and prayer.
- Fall and Winter Retreats: Lasting from Friday evening through Sunday afternoon, separate fall retreats are held for middle school and for high school students. Special speakers and bands create a spiritually rich environment for students and their friends.
- Missions Trips: Field operations range from outreach maneuvers in Minneapolis (working with Native American children) and Houston (flood relief) to the Dominican Republic (building chapels), Honduras (providing care for poor children so their parents can work), and Ecuador (working with a local church to expand their building and ministry).
- Outreach Events: Spring Formal, Color Wars and Middle School Olympics