Church Planting project manager
Converge is a movement of churches working to help people meet, know and follow Jesus. We do this by starting and strengthening churches together worldwide. For over 165 years we’ve helped churches bring life change to communities in the U.S. and around the world through church planting and multiplication, leadership training and global missions.
Converge is looking for a new team member to join the church planting department to manage projects related to residency, coaching, and church planting trainings. This is a part-time position located at the Converge headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect and document project requirements requested from Converge church planting team members.
- Create, track and manage project plans, estimates and schedules using project management software.
- Communicate project expectations, timelines, updates and approvals with Converge church planting team members.
- Ensure Converge branding and quality standards are met on projects.
- Ensure completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines.
- Ensure all resident champions have what they need to implement a meaningful residency in their local church context. This requires consistent communication with all residency champions.
- Develop and manage key online/social media cohorts following assessment, trainings, and residencies.
- Develop new and manage existing strategic partnerships in coordination of the church planting office.
- Assist the National Church Planting office coordinate key events, trainings (in-person or online) with district leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication to clients, internal staff and the management team.
- Must possess excellent administrative, organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in social media.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to working with a team.
- Knowledge of project management processes and tools.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Passion for learning the latest technologies and techniques.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, self-starter environment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in communications, marketing, journalism or related field. \
Experience in the operation of PC and Apple computers. Ability to develop, organize and complete tasks and projects using software programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics or a similarCRM.
Proficiency in written and spoken English. Demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to engage teams across a range of different organizational functions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, motivational, and presentation skills are necessary.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Travel may be required for various meetings and/or training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Converge is a “faith” organization and would expect any candidate to affirm and identify with our statement of faith and values. Born-again Christian active in a local church. Godly character that demonstrates honesty, integrity, responsibility, reliability and confidentiality. This individual will display these skills and qualifications: organization, typing, data entry skills, attention to detail, thoroughness, decision making, independence and analyzing information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.