Assessment Center Calendar
- November 3-6, 2015 San Diego, CA
- February 9-12, 2016 Orlando, FL
- April 5-8, 2016 Chicago, IL
- June 7-10, 2016 Seattle, WA
- August 15-18, 2016 Indianapolis, IN
- Fall dates TBD 2016 Dallas, TX
Why Assess Church Planters?
The purpose of assessment is to reduce risk and increase church planting success. We use assessment to figure out each individual's capacity to be the lead pastor on a planting team. Our proven assessment process benefits anyone considering church planting.
Why Assess with Converge?
Converge has one of the longest running, most influential and highly trusted church planting assessment systems in the country. We offer decades of experience and a contextually current process. Many other denominations and para-church organizations have modeled their process after ours.
What is an Assessment Center?
It is an intensive four-day event staffed by trained assessors to encourage and observe church planting candidates. Candidates have the opportunity to preach, cast vision, work in team settings, and meet with counselors and assessors to prepare for life as a church planter. Assessors provide a personalized and thorough assessment of church planting candidates. Typical assessment center participants include:
- Candidate/Candidate Couple: prospective church planting lead pastor and spouse (if married).
- Sending Agency: a candidate/candidate couple's sponsoring or sending agency; may be a church, network, region, denomination or church planting organization.
- Assessors: experienced church planters or church planting leaders; each sending agency usually sends an assessor to participate.
- Observers: individuals interested in observing the assessment process; they do not assess the candidate/candidate couples.
- Assessment Center Team: the team that organizes the assessment center and includes a director, a counselor and an administrator.
Who Can Participate?
- pastors in transition
- restart pastors
- church planters
- youth pastors
- associate pastors
- para-church workers
- second-career lay leaders
- anyone interested in church planting
How Do I Sign Up?
Most church planters begin by working within their current church, network or region. That church, network or region will register the candidate for an upcoming assessment center.