About LifePoint ChurchWe are a family from a variety of cultures and backgrounds seeking to grow in our relationship with Christ, empowered to love and serve our neighborhood and world in the name of Jesus.
Job Title: Senior Pastor
Hours: Full Time/ Salaried / Exempt / Pastoral Staff
Direct Report: The Senior Pastor reports and is accountable to the congregation through the Board of Stewards.
Position Summary: The Senior Pastor acts as the spiritual leader and shepherd of the congregation. The Senior Pastor seeks God’s direction and leads the congregation in implementing the church’s mission. The Senior Pastor ensures a Biblically-based message of significance is delivered with excellence to the congregation each week.
Minimum Qualifications: Ministerial license and, if not ordained, a willingness to work towards future ordination. Previous preaching and pastoral experience preferred. Prior supervision of church staff preferred. Agreement to become a congregation member and commitment to the ministry of LifePoint Church. Bachelor’s Degree or higher education, preferably a Master of Divinity Degree. Passage of a comprehensive background check.
Personal and Spiritual Requirements:The Senior Pastor shall meet the Spiritual qualifications for leadership as outlined in the LifePoint Church By-Laws (Article III, pg. 8).
- Give direction and leadership in affirming and implementing the church mission statement to serve as a guide for the ministry and work of the church.
- Value the importance of weekly sermons. Seek to discern God’s message for the congregation using professional skills to develop and deliver the message. Employ a variety of expository and topical preaching methods including use of the latest technology.
- Administer the ordinances of the Gospel - communion and baptism.
- Seek and promote prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church.
- Facilitate and oversee weddings, funerals and other special events.
- Oversee pastoral care for members and attendees, including hospital and home visitation in times of illness and other crises.
- Share the administrative authority of the church along with the Board of Stewards and pastoral support staff.
Serve as ex-officio member (with voice and vote) of both the Board of Stewards and the Nominating Committee.
Assist the Nominating Committee in screening possible nominees.
Serve when needed as ex-officio member of all committees, task forces, or other organizations of the church. The Senior Pastor may appoint a member of the staff to serve on any committee.
Confer with all organizations of the church regarding plans and activities.
- Ensure coordination of ministries with other congregations and organizations that share the building.
- Lead and oversee all pastoral and non-pastoral staff. Develop and manage the work of the staff for successful ministry. Provide ongoing leadership development and spiritual oversight of the church staff. Be personally involved in selection, supervision, goal-setting and regular performance reviews of staff members. Conduct weekly staff meetings.
Compensation and Benefits: LifePoint’s Senior Pastor is a full-time position with and executive/exempt compensation and prescribed benefit package.
Interested candidates should register their interest by June 25, 2019. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.